Avoiding Realities ♒ 逃避现实

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Unit Anniversary

April 1st. My unit's anniversary. She is 33 years old this year.. this years celebration is some games playing session and makan thereafter. I din't particapate, as usual. The food was pretty good. It filled my stomach to the brim. Unlike last year, which is under our ex Commanding Officer, we had our celebration in marina bay, eating steamboat. Under his charge, we had quite some outings..such as whole battalion watch the movie Ocean Eleven and SAF soccerteam playing in the stadium... but under the numerous days in army made these outings seem very little and insignificant.

Before our makan session, there was a prize presentation. One of the awards was the Meritorious Award for the POI. I was expecting this award when the MC announced prize giving. As usual, i was wondering who. den I heard, "For Changi Airport, CPL (my_name)!" I was stunned for v long, cos this is farking unbelievable and never expect mysself to receive any awards.. was thinking, maybe every ppl who did POI oso will get.. but im wrong. ima the only 1... its freaking embarrassing.. i this kind oso can get such cert.. obviously kana sarbo.. coz everybody did the same thing... wa lau it sux.. taking things where u dun deserve it.. BUT. NEVERTHELESS IM VERI HAPPY. COZ I NV RECEIVE SUCH THING BEFORE! Another momento to my army life...

To add to this meaningful day, whole unit was given halfday off. And we book in at 1130 pm :D